The clock tower in Komotini
The clock tower was built in 1884 next to Yeni Mosque. It is a tribute of Sultan Abdulhamid II. It was built at a time when various modernization interventions were taking place in the Ottoman Empire. Aesthetically, the tower bears morphological elements influenced by the neoclassicism and eclecticism movements. Next to it is the mausoleum of Fatma Hanum, wife of the vizier Hassan Pasha.
Architectural interventions were carried out in the 1950s and in 1998.